Back Country Cuisine 24 Hour Ration Pack
Back Country Cuisine (BCC) 24hr Ration Packs
Back Country Cuisine's long life food provides a 3 year "best before" date on all pouches, please refer to individual packets.
Manufacturers Note: Recent testing has shown that the meals are safe to eat well beyond 6 years provided they are kept cool and dry.
Fast, nourishing freeze dried food for adventurers and people on the go !
Back Country Cuisine have made it their mission to produce fast, nourishing food that’s lightweight, so a healthy delicious re-fuel while adventuring is never a problem. Whether you are on a hiking, camping, boating, fishing or biking adventure, these 24hr ration packs will keep you going. Backcountry Cuisine produce unique freeze dried meals which easily re-hydrate when water is added to the pouch.
Each ration pack contains a different assortment of meals and snacks to fuel you throughout the day.
Please Note: Not all dishes are Gluten Free. There are Gluten Free options available.
For Gluten Free options please see :
- Adventure Ration Pack : Yoghurt & muesli, small beef teriyaki, small roast chicken, snacks inc. jellybeans, biscuits and trail mix, and drinks inc. chocolate drink, orange drink, coffee and black tea. Salt, pepper, spoon & tissues included.
- Classic Ration Pack : Porridge supreme, small beef curry, small roast lamb & vegetables, snacks inc. jellybeans, biscuits and trail mix, and drinks inc. chocolate drink, orange drink, coffee and black tea. Salt, pepper, spoon & tissues included.
- No Worries Ration Pack - GF : Cocoa balls and fruit salad, small honey soy chicken, small sweet & sour lamb, snacks inc. jellybeans, biscuits and trail mix, and drinks inc. soy cocoa drink, orange drink, coffee and black tea. Salt, pepper, spoon & tissues included.
- Vegetarian Ration Pack : Wheatflakes & fruit salad, small nasi goreng, small pasta vegetariano, snacks inc. jellybeans, biscuits and trail mix, and drinks inc. chocolate drink, orange drink, coffee and black tea. Salt, pepper, spoon & tissues included.
During the freeze drying process, crystals of frozen ice in the food are sublimed (evaporated) to water vapour in a vacuum chamber.
The result is a completely dry product that does not shrink during the drying process.
When prepared for eating, the water is quickly absorbed by the pores left by the ice crystals to give a juicy, tender food product.
After packing, the food is heat-sealed in foil pouches from which all the air has been removed and replaced with nitrogen gas, keeping the food safe and flavoursome for at least three years.
Back Country Cuisine meals are formulated to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity and our products have a careful mix of the essential components needed for a healthy diet.
This includes balanced carbohydrates and sugars for instant energy, protein to replenish exhausted muscles and oils and fats to keep you feeling full.
- Freeze drying removes the moisture from food making it much lighter and easier to carry.
- Freeze drying retains the natural vitamins in the food because of the low temperatures used in processing
- Along with naturally occurring minerals and the addition of salt, the freeze dried meals provide vitamins and minerals necessary to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity
- Flushed with nitrogen gas when packed, freeze dried products have a long shelf life, meaning you can have meals on hand at any time
- Food does not shrink during the freeze drying process, or inside the pouch
- Simply add the required amount of hot or cold water stated on the back of each meal pouch, stir and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add water to a freeze dried meal pouch to reconstitute it and then put it into the foil cooking pouch.
- Add water to the inner heat pads to initiate the reaction.
- The sachets in the heat pads contain mixed powdered magnesium, powdered iron and salt.
Ratings & Reviews
Light and Easy to carry
Took a few of these camping and was impressed by the quality and quantity of the food. There is definitely enough in the pack to last for 24 hours. For an overnight stay, there is no need to take anything else other than water to re-hydrate. The best part is the accessories bag, which is full of goodies.