Back Country Cuisine Single Serve Main Meals
Back Country Cuisine Freeze Dried Main Meal - Single Serve Packs (Small - 90g)
*HALAL Options are Available. *GLUTEN FREE Options are Available. *VEGAN Option is Available. (See Below)
Back Country Cuisine (BCC) provides a 4 year "best before" date on all pouches, from date of manufacture, please refer to individual packets.
Manufacturers Note : Recent testing has shown that the meals are safe to eat well beyond 6 years provided they are kept stored in a cool and dry place.
Back Country Cuisine Meals - Single Serve option (90gm) (Small) - Re-Hydrates to more as per dish choice.
Fast, nourishing freeze dried food for adventurers. Back Country Cuisine have made it their mission to produce fast nourishing food that’s lightweight, so a healthy delicious re-fuel while adventuring is never a problem.
Whether you're on a hiking, camping, boating, fishing or biking adventure, these main meal packs will keep you going. Back Country Cuisine produce unique freeze dried meals which easily rehydrate when water is added to the pouch.
Suitable for emergencies and disaster relief programs, Back Country Cuisine offers a nutritious, long life, survival food option for your entire family. All you have to do is add water.
Please Note : Not all dishes are Gluten Free. There are Gluten Free & Halal options available.
For Halal &Gluten Free options please see the table below.
Download Nutritional Information by clicking on this link: Back Country Cuisine Single Serve Main Meal Ingredients List For a larger 2 Serve option (Regular) see the BCC 2 Serve Main Meals Pack.
- Beef and Pasta Hotpot (Energy 1640kJ / 392 cal) (Halal)
- Beef Stroganoff (Energy 1520kJ / 364Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Beef Teriyaki (Energy 1620kJ / 387Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Classic Beef Curry (Energy 1530kJ / 366Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Cottage Pie (Energy 1500kJ / 357Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Spaghetti Bolognese (Energy 1400kJ / 335Cal) (Halal)
- Spicy Beef Nachos (Energy 1640kJ 393Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Cooked Breakfast (Energy 1910kJ / 456Cal) (GF)
- Porridge Supreme (Energy 1470kJ 325Cal) - (Halal)
- Chicken Tikka Masala (Energy 1610kJ / 386Cal) (GF)
- Honey Soy Chicken (Energy 1560kJ / 372Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Mexican Chicken (Energy 1750kJ / 418Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Roast Chicken (Energy 1640kJ / 391Cal) (Halal)
- Thai Chicken Curry (Energy 1650kJ / 395Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Chicken Carbonara (Energy 1730kJ / 413Cal) (Halal)
- Tasty Chicken Mash- (Energy 1810kJ 431Cal) (GF)
- Lamb Fettuccine (Energy 1570kJ / 374Cal) (Halal)
- Moroccan Lamb (Energy 1480kJ / 355Cal) (Halal)
- Roast Lamb and Vegetables (Energy 1510kJ / 361Cal)(GF/Halal)
- Creamy Carbonara (Energy 1540kJ / 368Cal) (Halal)
- Nasi Goreng (Energy 1530kJ / 366Cal) (GF/Halal)
- Pasta Vegetariano (Energy 1380kJ / 329Cal) (Vegan)
- Mushroom Bolognese (Energy 1230kJ 293Cal) (Vegan)
- Veggie Cottage Pie(Energy 1360kJ 325Cal) (GF/Halal/Vegetarian)
|Back Country Cuisine Meals|
BCC Meal Flavours
|Beef and Pasta Hotpot||✓|
|Classic Beef Curry||✓||✓|
|Spicy Beef Nachos|
|Honey Soy Chicken|
|Thai Chicken Curry|
|Tasty Chicken Mash|
|Roast Lamb and Vegetables|
|Veggie Cottage Pie|
|Roast Beef & Vegetables|
|Chicken Tikka Masala|
|Vegetarian Stir Fry|
The Freeze Drying Process
- During the freeze drying process, crystals of frozen ice in the food are sublimed (evaporated) to water vapour in a vacuum chamber.
- The result is a completely dry product that does not shrink during the drying process.
- When prepared for eating, the water is quickly absorbed by the pores left by the ice crystals to give a juicy, tender food product.
- After packing, the food is heat-sealed in foil pouches from which all the air has been removed and replaced with nitrogen gas, keeping the food safe and flavoursome for at least three years.
- Back Country Cuisine meals are formulated to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity and our products have a careful mix of the essential components needed for a healthy diet.
- This includes balanced carbohydrates and sugars for instant energy, protein to replenish exhausted muscles and oils and fats to keep you feeling full.
- Freeze drying removes the moisture from food making it much lighter and easier to carry.
- Freeze drying retains the natural vitamins in the food because of the low temperatures used in processing
- Along with naturally occurring minerals and the addition of salt, the freeze dried meals provide vitamins and minerals necessary to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity
- Flushed with nitrogen gas when packed, freeze dried products have a long shelf life, meaning you can have meals on hand at any time
- Food does not shrink during the freeze drying process, or inside the pouch
How to prepare the freeze dried meals
- Simply add the required amount of hot or cold water stated on the back of each meal pouch, stir and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
Flameless heater bags (Does NOT fit our 2343 Flameless Ration Heater Bags)
- Add water to a freeze dried meal pouch to reconstitute it, close pouch and then put it into the foil cooking pouch.
- Add water to the inner heat pads to initiate the reaction.
- Follow instructions on Flameless Heater Bag.