Mylar Bags 7 MIL Food Grade Pack of 10 XXL
Premium 7 MIL Food Grade Mylar Zip Lock Bags XXL 18.9 Litres
- Not just thicker... a superior oxygen barrier
- Strong enough on their own, or use to line a 5 or 6 gallon bucket
- Free of BPA and other toxins
- 100% Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee
- Long-term Food Storage Guide included
- Thickness is 0.18mm Very Strong!
- Zip Lock on the bottom of bag*
* Why is the Zip Lock on the bottom?
This is the way commercial product packaging is made. First, you don’t want to have to heat-seal in a narrow area next to the reseal top. Second, the result is much cleaner and easier to open and reseal.
Smaller bags can be found HERE.
Mylar Bags 7 MIL in XX Large
Mylar films have extremely low Oxygen Transmission Rates due to the foil layer. The thickness of the film overall is not as important as the thickness and quality of this metalisation when it comes to long-term food storage. This is because oxygen cannot penetrate metal. And strength? Even one square inch of this Mylar film can support the weight of two and a half cinder blocks!
- Extreme oxygen and moisture barrier
- Foodgrade FDA approved
- Bags Free of BPA and other toxins
- Long Term Food Storage
- Unlike most other brands in Australia these are MADE IN THE USA!
- Provides well over 25 years of protection from oxidation, mould, and bugs*
- Zip Lock for Easy Resealing
*Based on the Oxygen Transmission Rate of this Mylar, heat-sealed as instructed with correct Oxygen Absorbers.
NOTE: ALL Mylar bags MUST be heat-sealed for food storage. A reseal top is only for resealing food after you open it.Oxygen absorbers are also required and are available HERE.
Each oxygen absorber pack includes an Oxygen Indicator. Read about Oxygen Absorber Indicators and Myths & Misconceptions of Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers and How to Re-Seal Mylar Bags for more information.
- Premium Heavy Duty Mylar®
- Dimensions: 48cm x 71cm
- Thickness: 7 MIL / 0.18mm
- Size: XXL - 18.9 Litres / 639oz
- Zip Lock Seal for easy resealing (on the bottom of bag)
- NOT Gusseted (NOT Free Standing) Bags
- Pack of 10 bags
- Oxygen Absorbers are sold separately and available HERE.
- Country of Origin: USA
*Mylar Bag must be filled completely. Food types can be deceiving and may contain far more air than you thought therefore it is okay and a great idea to use more absorbing power than necessary. Flour can be 50% air! Pastas can be 75% air! A larger capacity Oxygen Absorber will help account for this. If there was a tiny leak in the seal, a larger absorber will continue to absorb oxygen for many years.
|Oxygen Absorption Required for Common Foods|
Oxygen Absorbers for Long Term Food Storage. To ensure adequate oxygen absorption for long term preservation of food Survival Supplies Australia recommends mylar bags should be filled completely & food packed tightly. There is nothing wrong with using more oxygen absorbers than necessary. If you are unsure of the quantity of oxygen absorbers needed, always go with a higher quantity. Oxygen Absorbers from PackFreshUSA will absorb 180% to 300% of their rating to have a substantial buffer of safety.
Note: like flour and powdered mixes consist of very fine particles, they can contain a surprising amount of air. Be aware that 300cc oxygen absorption quantity per 3.8 litres isn’t enough for food types like pasta.
Mylar Bag Size (Fill Completely)
Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Rice, Sugar(35% air)
Flour, Flax Meal, Instant Mixes, Powders, Coffee Beans (50% air)
Pasta, Cereal, Instant Potatoes, Oatmeal, Barley, Dried Corn(75% air)
Small (16oz) – 473ml
Medium (32oz) – 946ml
Large (64oz) – 1.89L
XLarge (128oz) – 3.78L
XXLarge (639oz) – 18.9L