Sawyer Point ZeroTwo Water Purifier Kit
- Hole Cutter
- Sawyer Point ZeroTWO 0.02 Micron Absolute Inline Water Purifier
- Adapter Hose
- Filter Cleaner
- Filter Hanger
- Detailed instruction book
- Please Note: Bucket not included
NO REPLACEMENT FILTERS OR CARTRIDGES ARE NECESSARY.
Rated for One Million Gallons. Handles up to 40 PSI. We trust you will thoroughly enjoy the ease and extra protection this proven next-generation technology offers you.
How It Works:
- To set up the Point ZeroTwo Bucket Purification System, first find a large container to fill with water (such as a standard 25 Litre polyethylene bucket, not included).
- Use the included drill bit to cut a hole 1.5 inches from the bottom of the container.
- Install the adapters onto the bucket, connect the hose, and snap it into the Point ZeroTwo filter.
- Then hang the filter onto the side of the bucket with the included hanger.
- Fill the bucket with lake, stream, river, well, borehole, tap, or rain water.
- To start water flowing, simply lower the filter down below the opening on the bucket and let gravity do the work.
- You’ll be able to filter up to 170 gallons of fresh, clean water per day.
- To stop filtering, just hang the Point ZeroTwo from the top of the bucket. 0.02 Micron Absolute Filtration Sawyer water filters contain a high number of tiny ‘U’ shaped hollow fibre micro-tubes that trap contaminants while allowing decontaminated water to freely pass through at a high flow rate — eliminating the need to store water and reducing the possibility of water contamination after the filtration process. Certified for 0.02 micron absolute filtration, the Point ZeroTwo Purifier has no pore size larger than 0.02 micron in size — enabling it to remove 99.997% of viruses (exceeding EPA and NSF recommendations). It also effectively removes harmful bacteria (like salmonella), protozoa, or cysts like E. coli, Giardia, Vibrio cholerae, and Salmonella typhi.
The Point ZeroTwo Purifier’s filtering membranes are sturdy enough to withstand backwashing using the included syringe, restoring up to 98.5% of the filter’s flow rate. The Point ZeroTwo system can be cleaned and reused almost indefinitely with no expensive cartridges to replace…ever.
We recommend backwashing and sanitising the filter after every outing for optimised use. Fully field maintainable, the Gravity Purification System includes a faucet adapter for a more thorough backwash when you get back home.
If you have purchased any of the Sawyer water filtration products that came with their One Million Gallon Guarantee. They will of course honour that commitment to you. However recently that guarantee was challenged by one of their competitors by filing a complaint with the National Advertising Division of the U.S. Better Business Bureau. They challenged their ability to support that claim scientifically. Unfortunately the data which Sawyer feels support the claim contains proprietary information that they were unwilling to share.
Therefore while these products are exactly the same, they will now come with a revised warranty; which is a Lifetime Warranty against any manufacturing defects. The filters contain a code such that Sawyer will know under which warranty you purchased the product. Sawyer is proud to say that throughout the millions of filters which they have shipped in the U.S. retail market and throughout the world for disaster relief and for home use in developing nations very few have ever been returned for damage to the filter as a result of their handling or in distribution.
Each of Sawyers filters is tested 3 times to insure that they will work as claimed. Not some random statistical testing but every single filter is tested three times at three different quality control points throughout its assembly process.
Sawyer Products Statements Concerning Their Filters
To help you enjoy your filter experience let us share with you the three most common issues which arise with these filters.
1) “The filter is so clogged that it must be defective”. We have yet to receive a filter or be unable to talk a customer through the process to clean and fully restore a clogged filter. Consumers often confuse our filters with other brand hollow fibre membrane filters which cannot be cleaned as aggressively as our filters can. If you follow the cleaning and storing instructions you will be able to fully enjoy the Sawyer filters for a lifetime.
2) “It leaks at the intake”. The intake side of the screw on filters come with a washer to buffer a snug fit with the dirty water vessel. Some people are prone to over tightening the connection (and you know who you are) and thus they unseat the washer either causing it to jam up into the filter or fall out. With just a reasonable tightening of the filter to the vessel, this will not happen. The washers are replaceable if you damage or loose one.
3) “I froze the filter, is it still good”? The simple answer is no. There is no way to know if the fibres were damaged when frozen. The test to find out is very expensive and far greater than the value of the filter. Therefore, it is best to replace the filter. The instructions clearly states that freezing the filter after wetting voids the warranty. If a filter has never been used then freezing will not affect the fibres. But once water is introduced to the filter, it will never completely dry out.
We hope these tips help you enjoy and use your Sawyer filter safely and to the full extent of its capabilities.
Please contact Sawyer Customer Service before sending in a filter or product for review. Sawyer reserves the right to deny service to any or all products received that are improperly packaged, non-warrantied models, sent in without prior approval, and / or sent in during weather that could further damage the product. Products sent in for review without authorisation, sufficient contact information, or remain unclaimed for 30 days will be disposed of.