Snugpak Softie Elite 3 Sleeping Bag
Snugpak Softie Elite 3 Sleeping Bag
The Softie Elite Sleeping Bag range comes with a built-in deployable side baffle that initially is extra thick zip baffle and when deployed allows the Softie Elite to become wider. The extra space created by the deployed zip baffle allows for freedom of movement & temperature management when trying to keep cool. This Snugpak Softie Elite 3 has a higher temperature rating than the Snugpak Softie Elite 1 and Snugpak Softie Elite 2 Sleeping Bags.
- Built-in deployable side baffle, to allow for more room - Download the Step-by-Step Guide on how to deploy the built-in side baffle on Snugpak Sleeping Bag
- Adjustable length via foot shorting clips
- The internally reinforced foot allows you to keep your boots on
- Elasticated Drawcord-adjustable hood
- Internal valuables pocket with velcro fastener
- Two-way YKK® side zips with insulated baffle behind
- Anti-snag zipper webbing tape
- Internal drawcord foot loops to attach a sleeping bag liner
- Supplied with a compression stuff sack for easy carrying
- Hanging tabs on the foot to allow easy airing and drying
- Comes with Medium Replacement Compression Stuff Sack: Durable, lightweight and reduces bulk by 30%-50%
Please Note: All Snugpak Bags are machine rolled using specialist equipment and, therefore are not compressed entirely. You will need to remove your sleeping bag from the compression sack once purchased so that you can compress the sleeping bag entirely. Watch the video below for instructions on How to Compress your Snugpak Sleeping Bag.
All Snugpak® sleeping bags are fully washable by hand or even by a washing machine. There are instructions on the care label, which you can find sewn into one of the inner seams.
However, even the highest grade of insulation/filling will eventually lose some thermal efficiency and structure after repeated wash cycles, so it is recommended that washing your sleeping bag should not be done often, especially when using a washing machine. Whenever possible, instead of a full wash, sponging both inner and outer fabrics with soap and water is advised. Then dry and air your sleeping bag thoroughly before storing back in its compression sack.
If you are machine washing your sleeping bag make sure you read the following guidelines for best results:
- Zip up the sleeping bag and ensure any draw-cords are entirely in the machine and not trapped in the door before starting.
- Machine wash on a cool and gentle setting (never more than 30°C/86°F) in a front-loading domestic washing machine (we would advise against using a top loader as the agitator can damage the product).
- Avoid the use of liquid detergent and fabric softeners as this can leave a residue on the bag, a low or fragrance-free powder or Tech Wash is ideal.
- Do not dry clean
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not bleach
- Wash at or below 30°C
Line dry your sleeping bag. Do NOT tumble dry. Drying sleeping bags in a tumble drier could result in heat damage to the items. This can happen even when using a low-temperature setting if the sleeping bag is left in the dryer too long or doesn’t have enough space in which to tumble freely.
Use a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish on all Snugpak sleeping bags, water repellency can be maintained with periodic re-treatment with suitable aftercare products.
Do not store the bag compressed for long periods between uses. While Snugpak sleeping bags are rolled at the factory for despatch, it is NOT advised emulating this without special machinery.
- Weight: 1600g
- Comfort Rating: -5°C
- Low Rating: -10°C
- Packsize: 26cm x 22cm
- See table below for Unpacked Size
- Outer Fabric: Paratex Micro, 100% Polyester
- Inner Fabric: Paratex Light & Reflectatherm, 100% Polyester
- Insulation: Softie®, 100% Polyester
- Colour: Olive
- Sizes Available: Left Side Zip
Medium Compression Stuff Sack Specs:
- Material/Outer Fabric: Heavy Duty Nylon
- 4 x Compression Straps
- Drawcord cinches tight to secure contents
- Colour: Olive
- Weight: 120g
- Dimensions: 39cm x 19cm
Comfort and Low-temperature figures are given for guidance only.
Temperature Ratings for Sleeping Bag
Snugpak’s performance figures are drawn from over forty years of experience and customer feedback. Their comfort figure assumes you will be sleeping lightly clothed (thermal base layer or PJ’s) within a tent on a good quality sleep mat, at this external temperature the majority of users should feel comfortable and get a good night’s sleep. The low-temperature ratings are temperatures the sleeping bags have been used at by fit individuals with the minimum of discomfort. There are many variables involved in a good night’s sleep, including climate, altitude, fitness and metabolism, if in doubt stick to the comfort figure.
For a Guide to Snugpak's Sleeping Bag Dimensions and Temperature Ratings see our Snugpak Sleeping Bags Comparison Chart..
|EXTERNAL SIZE GUIDE||Length||Chest Width||Knee Width||Foot Width||Max User Height|
|With the Built-In Baffle Deployed||220cm||87.5cm||72.5cm||42cm||190cm|
Watch this instructional video on How to Pack your Snugpak Sleeping Bag