Snugpak Special Forces Bivvi Bag OD XL
Snugpak Special Forces Bivvi Bag Extra Long OD GreenThe Snugpak Special Forces Bivvi Bag is made protect you from evaporative and convection heat loss. It is considered the top ten essential Items for Hillwalking & Mountaineering. The non-locking 1/2 length front zip allows rapid egress, when every second counts, and you have to move fast. With a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away with very little space.
The technical fabric of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry, is breathable, allowing trapped moisture to escape from within the microclimate, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Paratex Dry moves moisture out of the sleeping system at an impressive 7.5L of moisture per m² per 24hours. When seeking shelter from the weather elements, you will be grateful for the superior technical features of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, and have greater confidence in your fast and light ventures, knowing you are equipped to deal with the worst weather, as well as having a protective shell for your sleeping bag.
Temperature Ratings for Sleeping BagSnugpak’s performance figures are drawn from over forty years of experience and customer feedback. Their comfort figure assumes you will be sleeping lightly clothed (thermal base layer or PJ’s) within a tent on a good quality sleep mat, at this external temperature the majority of users should feel comfortable and get a good night’s sleep. The low-temperature ratings are temperatures the sleeping bags have been used at by fit individuals with the minimum of discomfort. There are many variables involved in a good night’s sleep, including climate, altitude, fitness and metabolism, if in doubt stick to the comfort figure.
- Half center zip for quick and easy access (perfect for use with the snugpak special forces range of sleeping bags).
- 100% waterproof fabric with a Hydro Static Head in Excess of 5000mm (items over 1500mm are generally considered waterproof).
- Taped & Sealed Seams
- Breathable (will transmit up to 7.5 litres of moisture per m2 per 24 hours)
- Soft to the touch
- Supplied with own stuff sack
- Outer Fabric treated with a Durable Water Repellant (water repellancy can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic retreatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
Please Note: Snugpak Bivvi Bags have a solid coating, and although designed to be breathable, sufficient air cannot pass through the fabric to sustain breathing. Care should be taken not to completely seal any Bivvi Bag system, so as to prevent suffocation. All Snugpak Sleeping Bags are machine rolled using specialist equipment and, therefore are not compressed entirely. You will need to remove your sleeping bag from the compression sack once purchased so that you can compress the sleeping bag entirely. Watch the video below for instructions on How to Compress your Snugpak Sleeping Bag.
All Snugpak® sleeping bags are fully washable by hand or even by a washing machine. There are instructions on the care label, which you can find sewn into one of the inner seams.
However, even the highest grade of insulation/filling will eventually lose some thermal efficiency and structure after repeated wash cycles, so it is recommended that washing your sleeping bag should not be done often, especially when using a washing machine. Whenever possible, instead of a full wash, sponging both inner and outer fabrics with soap and water is advised. Then dry and air your sleeping bag thoroughly before storing back in its compression sack.
If you are machine washing your sleeping bag make sure you read the following guidelines for best results:
- Zip up the sleeping bag and ensure any draw-cords are entirely in the machine and not trapped in the door before starting.
- Machine wash on a cool and gentle setting (never more than 30°C/86°F) in a front-loading domestic washing machine (we would advise against using a top loader as the agitator can damage the product).
- Avoid the use of liquid detergent and fabric softeners as this can leave a residue on the bag, a low or fragrance-free powder or Tech Wash is ideal.
- Do not dry clean
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not bleach
- Wash at or below 30°C
Line dry your sleeping bag. Do NOT tumble dry. Drying sleeping bags in a tumble drier could result in heat damage to the items. This can happen even when using a low-temperature setting if the sleeping bag is left in the dryer too long or doesn’t have enough space in which to tumble freely.
Use a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish on all Snugpak sleeping bags, water repellency can be maintained with periodic re-treatment with suitable aftercare products.
Do not store the bag compressed for long periods between uses. While Snugpak sleeping bags are rolled at the factory for despatch, it is NOT advised emulating this without special machinery.
- Pack size: 14cm x 10cm
- Weight: 400g
- Size: Extra Long
- Colour: OD Green
- Outer Fabric: Paratex Dry, 100% Nylon
- Fully waterproof 5000mm Hydrostatic Head
- Also available in in the Snugpak Special Forces Bivvi Bag Standard Size
|EXTERNAL SIZE GUIDE||Length||Chest Width||Foot Width|
Watch this instructional video on How to Pack your Snugpak Sleeping Bag