UST 2 x 3 Star Flash Floating Signal Mirror
Survival experts worldwide agree that no person should ever venture into the woods, travel off-road, get on board their boat or plane, or engage in any other outdoor activity without a signal mirror and a whistle.
The Starflash signal mirror is unbreakable, scratch resistant, and floats!
The StarFlash is an essential component to your survival kit. The advanced StarFlash system allows you to aim the signal flash with pinpoint accuracy. This targeting system removes the guesswork and chance associated with other inferior signal devices to ensure that you will be seen and be found.
The StarFlash Signal Mirror is the most valuable daytime means of visual signaling. Even on overcast days, you can effectively use this signal mirror to obtain rescue. The StarFlash signal mirror can help you be found, and can save your life.
- Special design allows aiming the signal flash with pinpoint accuracy allowing superior performance
- Effective even on overcast days
- Lanyard hole for attachment
- Mirror Material: 100% Lexan polycarbonate
- Mirrored Surface: Vacuum deposition metallization
- Targeting Star: Retroreflective encapsulated bead fabric
- Dimensions and weights: 2" x 3" (5.1 x 7.6 cm) 0.7oz
- Packaging: Blister Pack
- Manufacturer: Ultimate Survival Technologies
- Manf. Part Number: 20-1WG0611
- UPC: 610390106116
- Made in the U.S.A
2 – Reflect light from the light source onto your hand or other nearby surface making sure to not block
the light from the light source to the mirror surface.
3 – Slowly bring the mirror toward your eye until the mirror touches your cheek. Look through the star at the reflected light on your hand (or other surface). A bright glowing spot will show in the star.
This is the aim indicator.
4 – Holding the mirror close to your eye, and still looking at the aim indicator, slowly turn and angle the mirror until you “place” the aim indicator directly on the object you wish to flash. If no target is in sight, continually sweep the horizon.