Mylar Bags 7 MIL Food Grade Pack of 10 XXL
Premium 7 MIL Food Grade Mylar Zip Lock Bags XXL 18.9 Litres by Pack Fresh USA
- Not just thicker... a superior oxygen barrier
- Strong enough on their own, or use to line a 5-6 gallon bucket
- Free of BPA and other toxins
- 100% Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee
- Long-term Food Storage Guide included
- Thickness is 0.18mm. Very Strong !
- Zip Lock seal on top of the bag
- Bottom is sealed closed without gusset.
Pack Fresh have redesigned their XXL mylar bags in line with the rest of their range. The bottom of the bag now comes sealed closed (not gusseted or free-standing) and the bag is filled via the top which has a ziplock seal for re-use. The top of the bag must be heat sealed closed.
To fill your Pack Fresh XXL Mylar Bags :
- Place the XXL Mylar Bag in a bucket with the sealed end facing the bottom of the bucket
- Start filling the Mylar bag with food through the top end of the mylar bag
- Place an adequate amount of oxygen absorber/s into the bag
- Squeeze out any additional air if possible, and heat seal the bag closed
- When ready to use, tear open the sealed top and use the zip lock to reseal the bag.
For more information about Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers please read FAQS about Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers.
Smaller bags can be found HERE.
Mylar Bags 7 MIL in XX Large
Mylar films have extremely low Oxygen Transmission Rates due to the foil layer. The thickness of the film overall is not as important as the thickness and quality of this metalisation when it comes to long-term food storage. This is because oxygen cannot penetrate metal. And strength ? Even one square inch of this Mylar film can support the weight of two and a half cinder blocks !
- Extreme oxygen and moisture barrier
- Food grade FDA approved
- Bags Free of BPA and other toxins
- Long Term Food Storage
- Unlike most other brands in Australia these are MADE IN THE USA !
- Provides well over 25 years of protection from oxidation, mould, and bugs*
- Zip Lock for Easy Resealing
*Based on the Oxygen Transmission Rate of this Mylar, heat-sealed as instructed with correct Oxygen Absorbers.
NOTE: ALL Mylar bags MUST be heat-sealed for food storage. A reseal top is only for resealing food after you open it.Oxygen absorbers are also required and are available HERE.
Each oxygen absorber pack includes an Oxygen Indicator. Read about Oxygen Absorber Indicators and Myths & Misconceptions of Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers and How to Re-Seal Mylar Bags for more information.
- Premium Heavy Duty Mylar®
- Dimensions: 48cm x 71cm
- Thickness: 7 MIL = 0.18mm = 178micron (this is each side of the bag - total thickness of the 2-sides of the bag together is therefore 14 Mil / 0.36mm)
- Size: XXL - 18.9 Litres / 639oz
- Zip Lock Seal for easy resealing (on the bottom of bag)
- NOT Gusseted (NOT Free Standing) Bags
- Pack of 10 bags
- Oxygen Absorbers are sold separately and available HERE.
- Country of Origin: USA
*Mylar Bag must be filled completely. Food types can be deceiving and may contain far more air than you thought therefore it is okay and a great idea to use more absorbing power than necessary. Flour can be 50% air! Pastas can be 75% air! A larger capacity Oxygen Absorber will help account for this. If there was a tiny leak in the seal, a larger absorber will continue to absorb oxygen for many years.
|Oxygen Absorption Required for Common Foods|
Oxygen Absorbers for Long Term Food Storage. To ensure adequate oxygen absorption for long term preservation of food Survival Supplies Australia recommends mylar bags should be filled completely & food packed tightly. There is nothing wrong with using more oxygen absorbers than necessary. If you are unsure of the quantity of oxygen absorbers needed, always go with a higher quantity. Oxygen Absorbers from PackFreshUSA will absorb 180% to 300% of their rating to have a substantial buffer of safety.
Note: like flour and powdered mixes consist of very fine particles, they can contain a surprising amount of air. Be aware that 300cc oxygen absorption quantity per 3.8 litres isn’t enough for food types like pasta.
Mylar Bag Size (Fill Completely)
Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Rice, Sugar(35% air)
Flour, Flax Meal, Instant Mixes, Powders, Coffee Beans (50% air)
Pasta, Cereal, Instant Potatoes, Oatmeal, Barley, Dried Corn(75% air)
Small (16oz) – 473ml
Medium (32oz) – 946ml
Large (64oz) – 1.89L
XLarge (128oz) – 3.78L
XXLarge (639oz) – 18.9L
Ratings & Reviews
Easy to seal
by Ralph -
Placed bag in bucket, filled with rice, partially sealed with a hair straightener, dropped in the oxygen absorbent and finished the seal. Easily done. Make sure you label and date.
Excellent quality. Very impressed!
by Jane -
These are the real deal! Massive difference in quality compared to other bags bought elsewhere. You can really feel the thickness. Its as easy as putting one in a bucket, filling it with whatever you're sealing, sealing most of the bag with a hair straightener, dropping in a few oxygen absorbers and sealing it up! Most goods stored this way will keep for 25 years, and given the current world events - why wouldn't you want food insurance.
Great sellers, very professional
by Gary -
Bags were 100% good quality.
<br>Great packing, often sellers fold bags you guys rolled them no pin holes in bags I'm very impressed 👏
<br>Fast postage and reasonable priced, you'll be seeing me again 😀